Thursday, January 12, 2006

Outlandish

I'm hooked..Thid group is the best..there's no words to explain how they did music..it's a pity that they aren't well known outside of europe and aussie....they are fabolous...here's one song that I just downloaded and it seem to be a hit with their fans..and I can relate to it....It's call "Look into my eyes"...it was first a poem that a palestanian poet wrote...the video for the song is also really good...it have all this metaphore that makes one think....and the thing that I like most is the lyric...the first time time I heard it...the lyric hooked me....

Look into my eyes
Look into my eyes
Tell me what you see
You don't see a damn thing 'cause you can't relate to me
You're blinded by our differences
My life makes no sense to you
I'm the persecuted one
You're the red, white and blue
Each day you wake in tranquility
No fears to cross your eyes
Each day I wake in gratitude
Thanking God He let me rise
You worry about your education
And the bills you have to pay
I worry about my vulnerable life
And if I'll survive another day
Your biggest fear is getting a ticket
As you cruise your Cadillac
My fear is that the tank that has just left
Will turn around and come back
Chorus:
Yet, do you know the truth of where your money goes?
Do you let your media deceive your mind?
Is this a truth nobody, nobody, nobody knows
Has our world gone all blind?
Do you know the truth of where your money goes?
Do you let your media deceive your mind?
Is this a truth nobody, nobody, nobody knows?
Someone tell me...
Bridge:
Ooohh, let's not cry tonight
I promise you one day it's through
Ohh my brothers, Ohh my sisters
Ooohh, shine a light for every soul that ain't with us no more
Ohh my brothers, Ohh my sisters
See I've known terror for quite some time
57 years so cruel
Terror breathes the air I breathe
It's the checkpoint on my way to school
Terror is the robbery of my land
the torture of my mother
The imprisonment of my innocent father
The bullet in my baby brother
The bulldozers and the tanks
The gases and the guns
The bombs that fall outside my door
All due to your
You blame me for defending myself
Against the ways of my enemies
I'm terrorized in my own land
But am I the terrorist?
(Chorus)
(Bridge)
America, do you realize that the taxes that you
the forces that traumatize my every living day
So if I won't be here tomorrow
It's written in my fate
May the future bring a brighter day
The end of our wait
pause....
(Bridge) x2
luv their songs and lyrics....it's not all about how the muslim world is like lagging behind and all those middle east issues...they got songs about the real life...their songs isn't just about fun and living all the greatness that life could bring..it make you look back on your life and try to be better...futhermore their lyrics are soul-touching..well to me anyway.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl u don't know how much I love this song. I typed it on the net n saw the lyrics u wrote. U know I'm going CRAZY over sami yusef, outlandish and native deen. Not actually over them but their songs lol so I just thought I'd say hi cuz it seems no one gave any comments here n it sucks. I know cuz I have 2 blogs n nobody posts anything so it's shitty. Anyways, I hope ur doing well. I think ur blog is cool. I'll be checking back later to see if u read this or not. If you wanna see my blog, you'll have to reply on urs lol. K peace

Foufou87

dla said...

I don't mind people not giving comments or anything...but I really appreciate Yours...Thanks a lot...It's good to know a fellow Moro out there...do tell me you blog so I can drop a line.....

Moro 4 life

Anonymous said...

Changed your blog look! Classical touch, eh? Gr8 job!